The Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress by Sleep Innovations
Sleep Innovations Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress
The Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress offers classic pressure relief without the feeling of getting stuck in bed.
The product of Sleep Innovations’ scientific approach to sleep implements design, the Shiloh mattress provides anyone who uses the mattress with the right ingredients for a sounder, deeper, and more restful sleep.
Available in two firmness levels, the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress offers exceptional versatility.
It is perfect for combination sleepers as well as side, back, and stomach sleepers.
Its thick, high-density polyurethane foam base provides remarkable body support that very few mattresses in this price range can provide.
The mattress looks elegant, too, with its soft quilted cover that can easily complement any bedroom’s modern aesthetics.
One Shiloh model has an extra airy foam layer that improves the bed’s cooling comfort without giving users the unpleasant ‘stuck’ feeling due to deep sinkage.
The Shiloh mattress conforms to the body’s natural contours while reducing pressure against bony prominences. It minimizes shoulder, back, and hip discomforts while facilitating better surface airflow.
The bed’s motion isolation is also commendable.
Light sleepers will have an undisturbed sleep because of the foam’s exceptional vibration and energy absorption capabilities. One can stir in bed without ever waking up his or her partner.
Sleep Innovations uses only US-sourced and produced premium-quality materials in the manufacture of each Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress.
The company guarantees product safety with the appropriate certifications. Each mattress also undergoes rigorous testing before packaging and shipping.
While the company does not provide a White Glove service, customers will appreciate the Shiloh mattress’s bed-in-a-box design.
All it takes is 72 hours after unpacking to begin enjoying the Shiloh bed’s benefits.
About the Brand
Sleep Innovations introduced many firsts in the modern mattress industry in the past 20 years.
The brand invented the world’s first memory foam mattress that used an innovative gel technology. The company also introduced the mattress-in-a-box concept, which delighted customers and rocked the mattress industry.
Today, the company continuously seeks to improve its mattress technology and customer service.
They research and invent better mattress materials by listening to what their customers say. Sleep Innovations sleep-test every mattress they design in their laboratory and make the necessary changes to exceed customer expectations.
The company’s quality control obsession is evident in its reliance on US-made-only raw materials.
Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress Rating Summary
The Sleep Innovation Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress has an average customer satisfaction rating of 4.75/5 stars spread over the following factors.
Sleep Innovations Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress
- Sleepers Who Need Pressure Relief: Minimizing aches and pains are at the heart of Shiloh’s design. Sleepers will feel a slight pushback as their shoulders, hips, and back press into the mattress’s top layer. There is also less pressure on the bony prominences to provide optimum pain and pressure relief.
- People Who Dislike the Feeling of Sinking into the Bed: Sleep Innovations designed the Shiloh for optimum support while improving overall sleep comfort. Sleepers get a floating sensation whenever they lay down on the mattress.
- Combination Sleepers: The medium feel of the Shiloh is ideal for combination sleepers. They can enjoy a restful slumber, regardless of their sleep position preferences. The mattress’s firmness will always keep the spine in its normal anatomic position, ensuring optimum alignment.
- Light Sleepers: Shiloh’s all-foam construction prevents motion transfer by absorbing vibrations and energy. People who are easily awakened will have a deeper sleep, regardless of how much their partners move in bed.
- Couples: Shiloh’s memory foam provides optimum motion isolation, allowing couples to sleep without disturbing each other. It is also the perfect mattress for parents who may need to sleep with their kids or their pets on the bed.
- For Sex: Couples will enjoy engaging in different sex positions with the Shiloh. The bed’s level of firmness provides exceptional body support without ever sinking into the mattress. It can make love-making more pleasurable for couples.
- Budget-conscious People: One of Sleep Innovation’s guiding principles is to deliver premium-quality products without the premium price. The Shiloh mattress stays faithful to the company’s core values by providing customers with a remarkably supportive mattress for less than $500.
Not Recommended For
- Hot Sleepers: Shiloh’s design focuses more on body support than on cooling comfort. While the airy foam can still provide a light cradling feel, it does not provide adequate cooling for hot sleepers. If one wants a cooler Shiloh, he or she may have to buy the company’s Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper or any other cooling mattress. View our recommended mattress for hot sleepers here.
- Heavyweight Sleepers: Sleep Innovations tested the Shiloh to accommodate sleepers who weigh up to 300 pounds. Heavier sleepers may want to try the brand’s other mattresses, such as the Sage, Taylor, or Marley. The other beds have more substantial body support to provide heavyweight sleepers with a firmer feel. View our recommended mattress for heavy people here.
At first glance, there is nothing extraordinary about the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress. It has a soft quilted cover that is as elegant as hotel bedsheets.
Underneath the bedcover is a blend of premium-quality foam materials that give the Shiloh Foam Mattress superior support and comfort capabilities.
The Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress features an allergen and dust mite-resistant memory foam. It also comes with an antimicrobial treatment that gives users peace of mind when they sleep.
The treatment also works against dust mites and other microorganisms that may undermine general health.
Unlike other foam mattresses that feature up to five layers of specialty foam, the Shiloh Mattress only has two for the 12-inch model and three for the 14-inch model.
Layer One: SureTemp Memory Foam
The Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress features a top layer of SureTemp open-cell memory foam material. The foam’s open-cell temperature-neutral design allows for more efficient heat dissipation and improved airflow. It feels cool to the touch.
The advanced 2.5-inch thick memory foam forms a gentle cradle for the body. It allows the bony prominences to sink into the mattress just enough to conform to body contours.
The memory foam’s gentle cradling function relieves shoulder, back, and hip pressure. It works synergistically with the support foam base to ensure a night of better and deeper sleep.
Layer Two: Premium Air Channel Foam
Only the 14-inch Shiloh Mattress model has this foam layer. The 2.5-inch Premium Air Channel Foam provides the mattress an efficient mechanism for enhancing its cooling comfort.
The individual air channels allow for more efficient air circulation to cool the body surface. It helps improve sleep quality by lowering surface skin temperature and drawing heat away from the body.
The Air Channel Foam’s presence on the 14-inch Shiloh model makes it more ideal for people who want a softer bed. It is not as firm as the 12-inch Shiloh. However, it can still provide ample body support and spinal alignment maintenance.
Layer Three: Premium Base Foam
The 12-inch Shiloh has a 9.5-inch thick base support foam, while the 14-inch model only has 9 inches. Sleep Innovation designed the support foam with non-toxic and eco-friendly polyurethane materials. It has sufficient density to resist the force of bodyweight, giving people a floating feeling during sleep.
Sleep Innovations has a team of mattress experts who never grow tired of pushing their creative limits. While it is not the best on the market, the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress has enough design attributes that make it an excellent choice for many families.
The following essential elements should give potential buyers a clear picture of how the Sleep Innovations Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress performs in the real world.
The 12-inch Shiloh has a firmer feel than the 14-inch model. The difference is due to a middle 2.5-inch Air Channel Foam layer in the 14-inch Shiloh.
The 14-inch Shiloh is perfect for side and combination sleepers. They can lie on their stomachs and turn on their backs or sides at any time during sleep. The mattress provides the right combination of support and comfort for these sleeper types.
The 12-inch Shiloh is ideal for back and stomach sleepers, providing them with ample body support without sacrificing overall comfort. It is also suitable for persons who weigh between 130 and 300 pounds.
The 12-inch Shiloh has a slight edge over the 14-inch model. Its base foam is half an inch thicker than the 14-inch Shiloh’s 9-inch thick base. However, the polyurethane foam’s high-density characteristics still make both models equally capable of supporting a 300-pound person.
The Shiloh mattress’s high-density base foam offers modest edge support, depending on the person’s weight. Heavyweight persons can fall from the bed if they sleep near the edge, while lightweight persons should have no issues at all.
Only the 14-inch Shiloh has the Premium Air Channel Foam that provides for some measure of cooling comfort. Even then, it is still insufficient for cooling hot sleepers.
The 12-inch model does not have gel-infused memory foam. It would have made a massive difference in cooling comfort if it did.
One attribute of foam mattresses is vibration and energy absorption. They prevent the transfer of vibration across the mattress surface.
The Shiloh mattress’s thick memory foam enhances motion control to allow for a more peaceful, disruption-free sleep. It is perfect for light sleepers.
Memory foam mattresses typically have a list price of $500 to $1,200, depending on different technologies.
True to its corporate mission, Sleep Innovations offers the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress at an amazingly low starting price of about $350.
Its most expensive product only costs about $550.
The Shiloh mattress’s superior price advantage makes it an excellent choice for budget-conscious homeowners. Unfortunately, one cannot purchase a Sleep Innovations mattress directly from the company. Interested parties can only buy them from major retailers and e-commerce platforms.
Some online merchants provide discounts that can make the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress more affordable.
- Twin: Sleep Innovation’s Twin-sized Shiloh is perfect for children of all ages as a bunk bed or a trundle twin. It is also easy on the budget, costing only $302.99 for the 12-inch memory foam. The 14-inch bed is available for only $357.98.
- Full: The 12-inch full-sized Shiloh costs $66 more than the 12-inch Twin, while the 14-inch variant costs $423.98. It is the perfect choice for single-person households, dormers, college students, and budget-conscious folks.
- Queen: Newlyweds will want to extend their honeymoon in a Queen-sized Shiloh as it only costs $410.73. if they want a thicker mattress, they can get the 14-inch Shiloh for only $412.99.
- King and California King: The California King is longer but narrower than the King-sized Shiloh. However, both bed sizes have the same price of $462.99. Add $86, and one can get the 14-inch King or California King Shiloh.
- 10-year Limited Warranty: Sleep Innovations stands by the quality of its memory foam mattresses. It offers customers a 10-year limited warranty for its foam material and fabric cover. With the right care, customers can extend the Shiloh mattress’s lifespan by another three to five years.
- Bed-in-Box Feature: The company does not provide a White Glove service, now considered a standard in the mattress industry. However, Sleep Innovations created the bed-in-a-box delivery scheme, allowing customers to set up the mattress easily.
- The company compresses the bed before packing it into a box. It is all a matter of unrolling the packaging and waiting 72 hours before the bed is ready for use.
- Merchant-dependent Free Shipping : Sleep Innovations does not sell its mattresses directly. Interested buyers can order the Shiloh mattress from leading retailers and online commerce platforms. Free shipping and returns depend on the existing policy of these third-party entities.
Sleep Innovations Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress
The Sleep Innovations Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress is a reasonably-priced elegant and stylish bed. Its two models provide customers with enough options to ensure a better sleep quality by ensuring near-perfect spinal alignment and exceptional pain and pressure relief.
While it is not as efficient as a dedicated cooling mattress, the Shiloh mattress can ensure a more comfortable sleep. The medium-firm and medium firmness mattresses are ideal for different sleeping positions. However, it is most suitable for combination sleepers.
The Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress remains true to the brand’s core value of delivering premium products at affordable prices. It makes it the right choice for people who want a reliable mattress for optimum body support, pressure relief, and overall comfort without breaking the bank.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do Sleep Innovations Shiloh Memory Foam Mattresses last?
The Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress can last a minimum of ten years, with some customers reporting a 13-year lifespan for their mattress. Customers should learn and adhere to the mattress’s proper care if they want it to last long.
Can I fit the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress in a box spring?
Yes, you can fit the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress in a box spring. It is also compatible with other bed frames and styles. One only needs to pick the correct mattress to go into an existing bed frame.
Can I flip a Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress?
Yes, you can flip the Shiloh Memory Foam Mattress. However, you will not be able to enjoy the comfort and body-conforming capabilities of the memory foam. It is worth remembering that the support base foam features high-density polyurethane material. It does not have the open-cell design of the upper layer’s memory foam.
Are Sleep Innovation mattresses toxic?
No, Sleep Innovation mattresses are not toxic. They do not contain PBDEs, CFCs, formaldehyde, and other harmful chemicals.
Each mattress undergoes strict clinical testing to pass strict quality controls. All products also have a CertiPUR-US certification.
Additionally, all Sleep Innovation mattresses receive an antimicrobial treatment to prevent mold and mildew growth. Memory foam materials are also hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant.