The Loom & Leaf Mattress by Saatva
Saatva’s Loom & Leaf Mattress is one of the world’s best memory foam mattresses.
It features a unique 5-layer foam system that guarantees exceptional body support, pain alleviation, and comfort cooling.
The mattress uses only the finest eco-friendly materials that ensure sounder, more peaceful, and more restful sleep.
The mattress is available in different sizes. It has excellent edge support, firmness, motion isolation, temperature control, and body support.
While it is more expensive than ordinary memory foam mattresses, Loom & Leaf offers an easy way to purchase one for the home.
Saatva Loom and Leaf Mattress
About the Brand
Established in 2010, Saatva aimed to rewrite the mattress industry by offering high-quality products backed by superior customer service.
Ron Rudzin adopted an innovative online business model to make luxury mattresses readily available and accessible to everyone.
Saatva has three core principles that guide its operation. Selling only high-quality products is one. The other is the offering of value-added services that wow and excite customers.
The third is showing genuine respect for their employees, their communities, and the environment.
Loom & Leaf Mattress Rating Summary
Saatva’s Loom & Leaf Mattress enjoys an overall rating of 4.9 on a 5-point rating.
Saatva Loom and Leaf Mattress
- Couples: Loom & Leaf’s excellent edge support allows for a more stable platform for couples to enjoy a restful sleep together. The foam layers’ unique design also prevents motion movement to guarantee sounder sleep if one of the partners happens to be a light sleeper.
- People with back and hip discomforts: The combination of a phase change lumbar pad and cooling gel beads can relieve pressure off bony prominences, especially the shoulders, back, and hips. It can also alleviate back pain and other body discomforts.
- Hot sleepers: Some people sweat when they sleep. The Loom & Leaf’s gel-infused cooling foam can reduce heat retention to provide a cooler surface for the body. The cotton cover also improves overall comfort for hot sleepers.
- Light sleepers: The cradle-forming design of the memory foam allows light sleepers to move around the bed without waking or disturbing their sleeping partner.=
Not Recommended For
- Budget-conscious customers: While the Loom & Leaf is less expensive than hybrid mattresses, its base price is still beyond the reach of ordinary households. However, the company offers an installment payment system to make the purchase easy.
- People who need a spring mattress : Saatva designed the Loom & Leaf with several foam layers, including a 6-inch high-density polyurethane foam. It does not have springs.
The secret to the Loom & Leaf’s superior body support is its spinal zone. Saatva designed the different layers to complement each other’s functions. The spinal zone concentrates support on the mattress’s middle two-thirds.
The design allows the mattress to conform to the body’s unique contours, regardless of body shape. It leads to more comfortable sleep by maintaining the perfect alignment of body parts relative to the spine. The unique construction also prevents back pain, while ensuring a sound and restful sleep.
The Loom & Leaf features four layers of high-quality mattress materials. From the top, the layers include the following.
Quilted Organic Cotton Cover
Sleeping on the cotton cover is like lying down on a bed of goose down. Saatva uses only 100% CertiPUR-US organic cotton in the fabrication of its mattress cover.
Cotton’s breathable nature guarantees more comfortable sleep. Its softness will never cause friction against the skin.
Saatva also treated the organic cotton cover with its proprietary antimicrobial treatment. The Guardin treatment’s botanical formulation provides a safe and eco-friendly way to combat microorganisms that may be present on the cover. People with open wounds or bruises will never have to worry about secondary infections.
Cooling Gel-infused Foam
Underneath the organic cotton cover is a 1.5-inch thick gel-infused foam. It has a density rating of 4 pounds. The foam has a convoluted design to improve airflow.
The addition of swirling gel beads also aids in minimizing heat retention.
Saatva laminated a phase-change cooling gel onto the mattress’s lumbar area to enhance cooling and spinal support for the middle-third of the body.
Its design prevents pressure sore formation and back pain development.
The gel foam also minimizes motion transfer. It is especially useful for someone who may have a partner who tosses around during sleep.
Ultra-premium Memory Foam
Most memory foams on the market are not dense enough to provide the kind of body support people need.
The Loom & Leaf Mattress offers a 1.5-inch thick, 5-pound memory foam for exceptional pressure-point relief and long-lasting spinal support.
It works with the gel foam in creating a perfect fit for the body, while also improving the bed’s motion transfer resistance.
It also adds to the gel foam’s temperature-control support and pain-relief comfort capabilities.
Saatva can customize the memory foam to fit the user’s comfort needs. One can choose the Relaxed Firm for optimum comfort. The Firm option is ideal for people who want the best support for their bodies.
There are two layers of high-density polyfoam that form the Loom & Leaf’s base. The polyfoams feature eco-friendly materials, including 30 percent corn and soy oils.
The upper 2-inch polyfoam eases the transition from the upper comfort layers to the base support.
The 6-inch high-density polyfoam base provides the mattress with a stable and durable foundation.
It is compatible with different bed frames, including platform beds, box springs, and lineal adjustable bases.
The Loom & Leaf’s unique memory foam design gives it remarkable attributes. The following is a breakdown of the mattress’s key elements.
Customers can choose from two levels of firmness to fit their sleeping needs and preferences.
The Relaxed Firm has a firmness rating of 5 to 7 on a 10-point scale.
Couples with different sleep styles and comfort preferences will love the balance of contouring support and plush comfort.
The firmness level is ideal for maintaining healthy spinal alignment, regardless of sleep position preferences.
One can sleep on his stomach, side, or back without feeling sore or any form of discomfort.
The option is ideal for side-sleepers who weigh less than 230 pounds. The mattress follows the body’s natural contours.
It relieves pressure off bony prominences, especially the hips and shoulders. The model is also ideal for people who want a bed that ‘hugs’ them during sleep.
The Firm option has a firmness rating of 8/10. It is the ideal mattress for people who hate the feeling of sinking into it.
The sensation one gets is like floating over the bed, providing a different kind of comfortable sleep.
The model is a great option for people who weigh at least 130 pounds and share their bed with a partner. It is also ideal for those who want to enhance their lovemaking as the firmer foam makes it easy to switch positions. Hot-sleepers will also find the model ideal for reducing heat retention.
The Loom & Leaf high-density foams effectively conform to natural body contours.
They naturally adjust to both pressure and heat, forming a cradle that reduces pain and alleviates discomfort from pressure points. Its design makes the bed suitable for different sleeping positions.
Side-sleepers will benefit from the bed’s spinal zone design. It relieves shoulder and hip soreness that may affect sleep quality. Both models have high-density foams to prevent unnecessary pressure buildup.
However, the firmer design of the Firm model makes it a better option for people weighing more than 230 pounds.
It is common for foam mattresses to have weak edges. Surprisingly, the Loom & Leaf has robust edges that can support people who prefer sleeping near the bed’s edge.
It is the ideal solution for couples who may want to share the same bed but with substantial space in between.
Saatva designed the Firm model for edge-sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds.
People weighing less can still feel secure with the Relaxed Firm model. There is no risk of falling over the edge because of insufficient firmness.
The bed’s three upper layers work together to provide excellent temperature control. The breathable cotton cover works to improve heat dissipation, while also providing a softer surface for skin contact.
The cooling gels also absorb body heat and dissipate this through the microscopic air channels in between gel beads.
The phase change lumbar pad further enhances the cooling effects of the two upper layers by drawing more heat from the body’s midsection. The result is better cooling in this body part.
It is worth noting that the Firm model provides better cooling comfort than the Relaxed Firm model. In the latter design, the body sinks into the bed. It can lead to heat buildup around the person. Heat can also get trapped in the bed’s memory foam.
Loom & Leaf’s memory foam does an excellent job of limiting motion transfer. It responds to pressure gradually to help minimize motion travel.
The foam also has high-point elasticity that further isolates motion. Its all-foam construction also prevents motion movement across the bed.
One will have a more restful sleep, regardless of how much his or her partner turns in bed.
The Loom & Leaf is pricier than other foam mattress brands. It starts with a price of $849 up to $2,376.
Saatva currently offers discounted prices for most of its bed sizes.
Families who cannot afford the company’s prices can apply for a Klarna Credit. Customers can have their Loom & Leaf for as low as $84 per month.
The flexible payment scheme is perfect for budget-conscious families who may want to experience the Loom & Leaf’s exceptional body support and cooling comfort features.
- Twin: The Twin is perfect for single households, costing $849.
- Twin XL: The Twin XL costs $300 more than the standard Twin. However, Saatva is currently offering the bed size for a discounted price of only $949 for a 17% savings.
- Full: The original price of this bed size is $1,599. If one buys it during the promo period, he or she can get a 12.5% savings by paying only $1,399.
- Queen: On ordinary days, the Queen-sized bed costs $100 more than the Full-sized bed. One can buy it for only $1,499 while it is still on promotion.
- King and California King: Both bed sizes have a list price of $1,999. After a 10% discount, one only needs to pay $1,799.
- Split King: One can purchase a Split King for only $2,298. Saatva currently offers a $200 discount to make it more affordable.
- Split California King: The Split California King-size is the most expensive Loom & Leaf at $2,376. After applying an 8.4% discount, one can have this bed for only $2,176.
- 15-Year Limited Warranty: Saatva’s warranty is one of the best in the industry. It covers defects in materials and workmanship, including body impressions at least ¾-inch deep.
- Customers can expect free mattress replacement within the first two years. Repairing a damaged mattress beyond the first two years will only entail a $99-fee for transportation, one way.
- The company also offers a Fairness Replacement Option. Customers get to keep their defective mattress while receiving a brand-new product at a discount of 70% for years 3 to 5, 50% for years 6 to 10, and 25% for years 7 to 15.
- 180-Night Sleep Trial: Customers have 180 nights to try the mattress starting on the delivery date. There is no break-in period required. If the customer is dissatisfied, he can return the mattress and request a full refund minus $99 for the delivery. The customer can also opt to exchange the mattress for another bed.
- White Glove Delivery: The company offers White Glove delivery at no additional cost to the buyer. The delivery team also removes the old mattress and fits the new bed into the frame. Customers can check the old mattress removal service at checkout.
- Sound Refund Policy: Saatva offers an exceptional refund policy. Customers can refuse a damaged bed and ask for a full refund or opt for a replacement. The company observes a strict 4-hour delivery window.
- Customers can choose to cancel the order altogether and ask for a full refund minus $99. The customer can also request a delivery reschedule.
Saatva Loom and Leaf Mattress
Saatva’s Loom & Leaf Mattress is the best memory foam mattress anyone can buy. Its unique foam layer construction is perfect for alleviating hip, shoulder, and back pain. It cradles the body to prevent motion travel, guaranteeing optimum sleep quality.
The company handcrafts each mattress to order. Customers get to enjoy one of two firmness levels, depending on their needs.
The materials are not only eco-friendly and non-toxic. They also come with appropriate certification to provide customers with peace of mind.
While it is more expensive than the average memory foam bed, Saatva offers a more affordable solution for potential buyers. It also has an excellent in-home value-added service, a sound refund policy, a commendable sleep trial period, and a warranty that is one of the best on the market.
Overall, the Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress is a great memory foam mattress. It has an innovative design that delivers on its promise of more comfortable sleep for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattresses Last?
Saatva guarantees its memory foam to last anywhere between 10 and 15 years. With proper care, it is possible to extend the lifespan of the mattress beyond the company’s 15-year warranty. The Loom & Leaf is up to three times more durable than the average foam mattress.
Can I use a box spring with the Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress?
Yes, the Loom & Leaf is compatible with most bed frames, including a box spring. You can also use it on a platform bed and beds with adjustable bases.
Can I flip a Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress?
Yes, you can flip a Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress. The polyfoam base can serve as a firmer platform for some people to sleep on. However, flipping the mattress may not offer users the cooling comfort and body support they need.
Are Saatva Mattresses Toxic?
The company only uses eco-friendly materials in the construction of its mattresses. It uses renewable botanical oils that are not only safe for humans. They are also safe for the environment.
All foams come with CertiPUR-US certification that guarantees their safety. The cover is 100% organic cotton.
Saatva does not use TCEPs, TDCPPs, and PBCDEs in manufacturing its mattresses. The foams are also free of formaldehyde, phthalates, lead, mercury, and other heavy metals. The level of VOCs is also very low to prevent off-gassing.