Make your guest feel more comfortable with a place for them to sleep tighter and easier. If your space is small and full size mattresses are never an option, get the best sofa bed mattress.
So if you have a small space without guest rooms or a place for spare beds for visiting friends and family, you should consider a sofa bed that you can turn from a sofa to a bed at night.
To pick the best ones, we have prepared a guide with the top picks and a buying guide so that you can find the one that matches your needs and situation.
The best sofa bed mattresses in 2021
- Milliard Memory Foam Replacement Mattress
- Classic Brands Memory Foam Mattress for Sofa Bed
- DynastyMattress Memory Foam Sofa Mattress
- Nature’s Sleep Sofa Sleeper Mattress
- DHP Premium Futon Mattress
- PlushBeds Sofa Bed Mattress
- Leggett & Platt AirDream Mattress for Sleeper Sofa
- The Milliard Memory Foam Sleeper Sofabed Mattress is THE premium pull-out sofa mattress replacement. Ditch your old bed spring mattress and feel the difference that foam makes. Sweet dreams are made of this.
- Our bi-layered mattress combines a 3in firm polyurethane foam base with a 1.5in soft memory foam topping that slowly conforms to your body contours and still provides adequate support that’s compatible with most folding couch bed frames and is also used for boat, camper & RV.
The 4.5-Inch is the queen-size sleeper sofa for people looking for a replacement mattress for a sleeper sofa.
The Milliard replacement mattress also works well for couch beds and as storable mattresses for an evening’s guests or during movie nights with family and loved ones.
This top-rated product is also one of the most affordable around, not compromising the quality that we’re looking for a sofa bed mattress.
It is made with premium foam that can help you improve sleep quality for a refreshing and rejuvenated sleep each night.
The design is also body conforming, and that’s thanks to the 1.5-inch soft foam topping. It does what it does without leaving behind support. The memory foam is also the ideal choice for RV, campers and boats.
- Bi-layered for added durability
- Ideal replacement for affordability
- Includes a jacquard soft cover
- Might not be thick enough for some users
- Lacks edge support
- 58" W x 72" L x 4.5" H
- MATTRESS ONLY. Fits most standard fold-out sofa bed sizes.
The sleeper sofa bed replacement queen-size mattress is the perfect choice for a multifunctional mattress that can be used as a sofa or a bed. It is the space saving option for those living in a limited space, such as apartments.
So in this situation, it can be hard to find and give a comfortable place for guests to sleep, not anymore, if you have the sofa bed.
This one is a great choice because it can retain its original shape while also being able to fold into a sleep sofa bed easily.
Another cool thing about the memory foam mattress is that it is made of durable and supportive high-density foam, offering both orthopedic support and comfort.
- Can maintain its original shape
- Fits many standard fold out bed sizes
- Can easily be folded for quick storage
- Density issues
- Unpleasant odor in the first days
- ✅ MATTRESS ONLY-Sofa not included. This sofa mattress is carefully designed with gel memory foam, providing unmatched comfort and quality at a reasonable price. The memory foam conforms to the body, aligning the neck and spine, allowing the user to relax and enjoy a good night's sleep. Each mattress ships compressed for easy delivery. Mattress Only
- ✅ LAYERED DESIGN: With a 2-inch gel plush memory foam layer and a 2.5-inch foam support base, this sofa mattress is vastly more comfortable than traditional sofa mattresses that either are flat mats or have springs. The memory foam layer is specifically designed to breathe, allowing the user to remain cool throughout the night.
Sometimes we have houseguests who might not have a comfortable place to stay if we don’t have guest rooms with spare beds.
One perfect alternative is the DynastyMattress memory foam sofa mattress that has multi-uses, allowing for versatile uses.
You can easily use this replacement in your sleeper sofa, which you can turn from a chair to a bed in an instant.
I also liked it is thick enough at 4.5 inches, which are supportive enough to offer you with a great night of sleep each time.
- Comfortable and soft for back pain relief
- Can offer a sound and relaxing sleep for its plush foam
- CertipurUS Certified foam for performance and content
- Might not be for heavy users
- Full expansion may take a while
No products found.
The full mattress sleeper mattress can make you or guests comfortable because it is thick enough, measuring 4.5” for supreme comfort while sleeping.
I also liked the design and build of the foam mattress. For one, it comes with a cool and plush gel-memory foam layer that can provide body contouring and pressure relief.
This model is also made of a two-inch high-density support foam, offering cushioning and support to your body.
I would also like to recommend the mattress because it is designed and made with a removable cover that you can easily wash and clean. This cover also adds to the softness of the sofa bed.
- 4.5 inches foam for comfort
- Offers enough support for high-density foam
- Contours and cushions the body
- On the firmer side for some users
- Lacks breathability
- 15-gauge independently-encased coils
- Quality foam and polyester layering between cover and coils for optimal comfort
This sofa bed mattress from DHP is one of the best around because it is heavy-duty and with added support for its 15-gauge independently encased coils.
This feature also makes it one cool option for motion isolation. So even if your partner constantly tosses and turns, you’ll not be disturbed at all, giving you a great night of sleep.
The chocolate brown and full size mattress is also one cool pick for its thickness of eight inches, adding to the comfort to get from the mattress.
Overall, it is one of the finest choices for quality foams that offer both comfort and support for a great night of sleep.
- Motion isolation and support for individually encased coils
- Breathable microfiber cover
- Thick futon mattress
- On the firm side for some users
- Odor can be annoying
- Made in the USA - Our sofa bed mattresses are crafted with pride in the USA, ensuring the highest product quality standards throughout the manufacturing and distribution process. Sofa NOT INCLUDED.
- Superior Pressure Relief - Plushfoam provides better distribution of body weight by reducing pressure points, providing forgiving support for your shoulders, hips, back and knees.
PlushBeds is one of the top brands among gel-memory foam mattresses because it comes with solid features that make it the choice for homeowners looking for a quality and durable mattress.
You can now rest easy and feel comfortable sleeping on a sofa bed mattress with this offering from PlushBeds.
It is a top pick among people looking for a thick, memory foam for their sofa beds.
This product is made with a PlushFoam core, offering you with the same level of comfort that you can get at hotels and resorts.
One of the things you will also like about this option is that it can offer you with improved support and reduced pressure that you might not get from other options.
- Eliminates metal frame discomfort
- GreenGuard Gold certified foam for quality
- Improves support and relieves pain
- Not for hot sleepers
- Not for people looking for a smaller foam
- Queen sized Hypoallergenic air mattress for comfort never dreamed possible on a sofa sleeper
- Patented air-over-coil technology
The Hypoallergenic Inflatable mattress is one of the best choices around for its support and comfort offered. It is also a top pick among those looking for a thick mattress for their sofa beds.
This product is what you need for optimal support because it is an 11-inch mattress that is made with one-half inch of innerspring.
Another cool feature of the mattress is its air-over-coil technology, offering a comfortable and soft sleeping surface, and that is without the bumps and lumps coming from traditional mattresses.
Overall, it is one of the best picks for its innovation, performance, quality and content. You might want to take a look at it for a replacement sofa bed.
- Made with hypoallergenic materials
- Optimal support for its 11” density with 0.5” innerspring thickness
- Comes with an electric hand pump ideal for sleeper sofas
- Might not be the most durable pick around
- Lacks breathability
Although innovations keep popping up and improving the technology involved in making mattresses, sometimes all you need is a soft sofa. Not everyone has space or money to get that new memory foam king bed – so why go big when you can always snuggle in back to basics?
Sofa beds and sleepers have been around for as long as mattresses have. When people found out that mattresses could be folded around, they couldn’t wait to try it out onto different applications. These two have stuck around and have turned into their line of comfort products – becoming a household staple, and sometimes, even a household statement. There’s just something cool about a bed that you can pull out and store away whenever you please!
If you’re looking to buy the magnificent innovation that is the sofa bed and sofa sleeper, here a few tips to guide you into getting the most out of your time, money, and space.
Know the Difference
While sleeper sofas and sofa beds may have similar names, they are quite different from each other. Sofa beds are sofas that can extend to become beds. They aren’t built with mattresses inside them, which is why additional cushioning is needed to make sleeping on a sofa bed more comfortable.
Meanwhile, a sofa sleeper is a mattress that can be folded and stored. It can be set up on the floor like a sofa and then rearranged in the form of a bed come bedtime. Because the mattress is built into it, it needs no additional cushioning – assuring sleepers a comfortable night ahead.
When and Where and Who
Will you be buying the sofa bed as the main furniture piece? Is your sofa sleeper going to be used as a guest bed? These are a few questions to consider when purchasing sofa beds and sofa sleepers.
If you live in a small apartment, it’s quite practical to own a sofa sleeper or sofa bed as the main furniture. Because they’re so compact, you maximize what little space you have and lessen the risk of cluttering. For a larger home, having these sofa beds is useful when guests need a spot to sleep in.
You wouldn’t want to underestimate the size of sofa beds or sleeper sofas. They can take up a lot of space if you stuff them in a room that’s too small. If you can manage, measure out the room you intend to put the sofa bed in.
Additionally, you should also clear out any breakable objects around. The last thing you want is knocking out a favorite vase as you’re pulling out the sofa bed.
Sleeper Sofas come in an array of sizes, such as Twin and Queen – with the latter being able to accommodate three people in its sofa form and two people in its bed form.
Weigh It Out
Sleeper sofas and sofa beds are particularly heavy and bulky to move around – so plan which room you’re putting them in. Hauling a sofa bed up a flight of stairs is tedious, so you’re better off setting up a sofa bed in the ground floor’s living area.
While you can easily fold up a sleeper sofa to a more compact size, it still is quite bulky. It will need its own storage space so that you can easily hide it when not in use. Most apartment owners just leave their sofa sleepers as is, and only fold them up when they need extra space.
While substance usually comes before style, it won’t hurt to make a room look nice. Sofa sleepers and sofa beds can be statements on their own, so be sure to check which part of the room they look best in. This includes picking out colors to match the walls, to the overall shape of the sofa itself.
The rule of thumb is to allow the sofa to be part of the wall – and not let it be the odd one out. This may come as a challenge to some, as sofa beds and sleepers don’t look like the usual furniture pieces. But with a keen eye and a few expert interior tips, you can stylishly incorporate these practical pieces of furniture into your home.
How To Choose The Best Sofa Bed Mattress
If you want to find a replacement sofa bed that has the solid and durable features, you should check for some factors to consider when weighing your options. Check out the following to start.
Check the style
There are different styles, including minimalist styles. The simplest version is the futon, which is often made up of one cushion on top of a wooden or metal frame.
It can be used unfolded as a bed or folded up for use as a seat. This type of mattress is a popular choice for dormitories and apartments. But they can be too basic for some people due to their basic look.
Determine the size
You must determine and measure the space you have to find out how much space you do have for the extended sleeper sofa bed. No one wants to move much furniture around just to open the sofa bed.
Know the mechanism
You might also want to be sure that there are no sharp objects to snag the sheets. In this case, you must find a replacement mattress with a smoothly working mechanism.
Thus, you should compare your options well before deciding to buy a sofa bed mattress. Or else, any sharp mechanisms can ruin the sheets.
Here is a cool video to help you pick choose a good replacement sofa bed.
Are sleeper sofas comfortable?
Yes, and for good reason. Sleeper sofas are foldable mattresses – which means they offer the comfort and softness of a mattress alongside the convenience of a folding guest chair. The comfort and convenience of sleeper sofas also make them perfect guest beds.
How to make a sofa bed more comfortable?
The best way to make a sofa bed comfortable is to treat it as an actual bed. You can fit in a new mattress for it, fill any gaps with soft pillows, and even put in a mattress topper. For maximum comfort, keep it clean and cover it with quality bedding.
Where to buy a sleeper sofa?
Sleeper sofas can be found in an array of stores – online and offline. You can find good deals and even luck out on finding one for cheap. Just remember that the best way to check is to see for yourself. Ask sellers if you can test the product first before purchase.
How much is a sofa bed?
Sofa beds range from about $200 to $600. The main difference is usually its sizes and mattress quality. Comparably, sofa beds go a lot cheaper than normal mattresses. This is mainly because most additional features are taken out so that the sofa bed can be folded around.
What is a sleeper couch?
A sleeper couch or a sleeper sofa is a sofa with a built-in mattress. The mattress is hidden within the frame of the couch, and the entire structure can easily be folded and hidden away when not in use. They’re perfect guest beds and are great for small rooms.
What is a double sofa bed?
This is a sofa bed that’s about the same size as a normal double bed. Usually, this is around 50-60 inches wide and 70 inches long. A double sofa bed is the recommended size for average-sized rooms, as it’s easy to pull out.
What size is a sofa bed mattress?
Sofa beds come in a variety of sizes depending on their intended use. Twin Loveseat Sofa Beds are about 50×60 inches, while Full Sofa Beds are 67×83 inches. Queen-sized Sofa Beds are 75×96, and King Sofa Beds are 84×92 inches.
Are sleeper sofas worth it?
Sleeper sofas are a practical option for small homes and studio apartments. They can be used as furniture during the day and can be converted into a bed come night time. Investing in a sleeper sofa isn’t only practical, it’s also quite fun and interactive.
The Milliard replacement mattress is our top choice on this best sofa bed replacement mattress roundup review. It is bi-layered, offering added durability and promoting heavy-duty use. The sofa bed mattress also includes a multifunctional design, allowing it for use as a replacement sofa bed or floor mattress.
Get the Milliard replacement mattress here.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick