Only a few people have the habit of sleeping on their stomach. This is because of some potential risks that include spinal misalignment, strain on the neck and shoulders and pain in the back and hips. Aside from that, they’ll also feel discomfort and or other parts of the body, especially if you are dead-tired from work.
Though stomach sleepers know these risks of sleeping on their stomach, still they are more comfortable sleeping in this position and others tend to flip over as they sleep. For you to get a good night’s sleep without changing your preferred sleeping position, we made a list of the best mattress for stomach sleepers.
When looking for a great mattress for stomach sleepers, you are looking for mattresses with exceptional support on the midsection. Firmness, is another key, as well. Our top 10 picks meet varying needs for stomach sleepers. Go over the review and shop for your first-ever mattress.
Here are our top picks for the best mattresses for stomach sleepers in 2021
- Item's dimensions: 80" W x 76"L x 12"H. Item's weight: 75 lbs.
- King-size memory-foam mattress with 3 foam layers for optimal softness and support
Enjoy the best sleep at the best price with AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress. This 12-inch king-sized mattress is made of three layers of foam for optimal softness and support. It’s safe, durable and lets you enjoy head-to-toe comfort — a luxury feel beyond compare.
Its three-layer design includes a top layer memory foam that adapts to the contour of the body, giving you comfort for different sleeping positions. The soft foam middle layer provides extra cushioning and it comes with breathable air holes for efficient airflow. Lastly, the hard foam base that provides stability and support and still has airflow with its wavy surface.
- Mattress is soft but provides great support
- An inexpensive layered foam mattress that provides great comfort
- Provides high-level of comfort not just for stomach sleepers, but for anyone
- Some complained about it being too soft, but having a support pillow can solve this problem
- Shouldn’t remove the cover, there’s fiberglass in the mattress
- Some people complained about the terrible chemical smell
- Perfect balance of support & comfort-sweet night Queen mattress constructed with individually wrapped innerspring and memory foam. Individual pocket spring offers all-over and average support. The high density foam layer make you feel comfort, the gel memory Foam layer for slowly adjusts to body weight & temperature, it provides a buffer so you never feel the coils for optimal comfort, giving you better quality sleep on this Queen size mattress.
- Motion isolation minimizing partner disturbance- individually wrapped coils Encased in separate pockets, It moves independently to prevent motion transfer between partners also provide an equal weight distribution by contouring to the curves of your body, relieving pressure points for an undisturbed better night of rest. This pillow Top mattress Resists sagging, roll-off, and with medium-firm feel.
A hybrid mattress made with four layers of foam and coils, the Queen Mattress- Sweetnight Queen Size keeps your body align, provides you comfort and gives you support as you sleep. The Air-flow high-density foam adjusts to your body weight and temperature, while the gel memory foam right below makes you feel comfortable.
The individually-wrapped pocketed steel coils provide overall support, as well as localized motion support. It has the motion isolation feature, so even if you’re a noisy sleeper, your partner will not be disturbed, unless if you roll over a lot. Since the coils move independently, it’ll provide even weight distribution and contouring your body, thereby relieving you from stress — giving a recuperative sleep.
- Super comfortable, makes you fall asleep easily
- Setup is super easy
- Nicely contour the body to give you more comfort
- Maybe too soft for others who prefer medium-firm or firmer mattress
- None other that’s worth noting
Copper is better, that’s why Layla Sleep Copper-Infused Mattress is better at giving a cool night’s sleep than other mattress. The copper-infused memory foam has a cooling system that keeps you comfortable throughout the night and gives you support in any sleeping position. It has flippable firmness, which means it has two firmness levels — medium soft and firm — so, you can choose which side gives you a great sleep.
It has a cover that’s thermogel-infused, which reacts to your body’s temperature. Then, throughout the night, it keeps you from getting too warm, letting you have a long, deep and uninterrupted sleep. This mattress fits most bed foundation, whether adjustable or solid, so, you don’t need to buy a frame for your new mattress.
- Fairly low price, given its greatness
- Has a very smooth surface which feels comfortable
- The ‘firm’ side seems a bit firmer
- May not last long, develop visible indentions through time
- The smell is horrible and won’t be out immediately
- The Leesa mattress provides a Medium-Firm feel and is beautifully designed with three premium foam layers: A top layer of breathable foam, a second layer of memory foam that relieves back, hip and shoulder pressure, and a final signature core support layer that provides support and durability for all body types and sleep positions
- All Leesa mattresses are covered with our iconic 4 stripe mattress cover. We’ve worked hard to make this highly breathable, virtually seamless mattress cover with no tapered edges one of the most comfortable mattress covers on the market, so you can sleep well
Some worried about the quality of ‘mattress in a box,’ but Leesa 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress in a Box makes you worry-free. It’s beautifully designed with three layers of premium foam, so you can feel cool and comfortable throughout the night.
It comes with 2-inch premium foam comfort top layer that keeps you cool, has some bounce and provides best pressure relief for side sleepers. Beneath it is the 2-inch memory foam support layer which aids in contouring to the body shape and position, so you feel hugged and snuggled. Lastly, it has a 6-inch dense core foam recovery that primarily supports your body and accommodates your varied sleeping positions.
- Very easy to setup after unboxing
- Looks great with the cotton cover
- A great choice for stomach sleepers and side sleepers, as well
- Quiet expensive than other mattresses on this list
- You still tend to sleep hot and sweaty
- Has no edge support
No products found.
Designed for back and stomach sleepers, Amerisleep AS2 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress could your best mattress. It’s a medium-firm mattress made with 3-inch Bio-Pur™ memory foam cooling layer and 9-inch Bio-Core™ sag-free support base. The former gives comfort, while the latter, stability and support.
Also, it comes with Celliant-infused cover with minerals known to help you sleep fast and longer for more recuperative sleep. It’s compatible with adjustable bed foundation, as well as the common solid ones. Whether you’re a side sleeper, a stomach sleeper or a combination sleeper, Amerisleep is worth a try.
- Super comfortable mattress, especially when you’re new to it
- Provides just enough firmness without being too hard
- Sags and rolls after several months of use
- If you need a durable mattress, look for more
- Not affordable, quite expensive
- Made in the USA, the Brooklyn Signature is expertly designed with breathable materials, patented cooling technology and up to 1024 individually encased coils for a superior sleep experience
- Available in three comfort levels to fit your individual sleep style. (A medium firmness may be for you if you are a combination back, stomach and side sleeper; prefer a balance between contouring support; prefer the feeling of sleeping above your bed's top layers; or are a couple that needs to strike a balance with your comfort preferences.)
Brooklyn Bedding is a great manufacturer in the US, known to deliver excellent products which are conceptualized, made and distributed from their state-of-the-art facility in the country. Since Brooklyn Signature 11-Inch Hybrid Mattress is a product of this well-known company, you know it’s also designed with quality. Combining their patented cooling system with 1024 individually encased coils, you’ll experience amazing sleep you’ve never had before.
This is crafted with four layers of premium materials. It comes with 2-inch hyper-elastic foam TitanFlex with immediate response technology that adjusts to the position your body as you move. Another 2-inch TitanFlex layer that’s designed to minimize sleep disruptions. The third layer is a 6-inch engineered layer made of 1,024 individually pocketed coils for support and exceptional motion isolation.
Lastly, it has a 1-inch base support foam that enhances the structural integrity of the individual coils. So, overall, you got a well-designed mattress, expertly crafted to give you a great night’s sleep.
- Firm and designed to support pressure point relief
- Doesn’t have any issue with memory foam since the top two layers provide cooling and heat dissipation
- Keeps your spine straight and lower hips and shoulders
- May have that plastic smell upon opening the box from purchase
- Becomes softer and squishy after a year
- Multi layer Deluxe foam mattress: i-gel cooling foam + Air flow convoluted foam +high density support foam.
- Sleep cool - i-gel cooling foam & Air flow convoluted foam keep mattress from getting too hot.
An affordable multi-layered Olee Sleep 9-Inch I-Gel Multi-Layered Mattress could be a great solution for your habit of sleeping on your stomach. It’s as well-thought mattress made with gel-infused memory foam to reduce heat and DuraFoam that provides elastic support, ensuring quick recovery of the mattress. Beneath the DuraFoam is the Convoluted High-Density supportive egg carton layer which adds breathability, while the base is a high-density foam that provides longevity, durability, and support.
All these four foam layers are wrapped around a Jacquard cover, which is also gel-infused to reduce heat and keep you cool. The mattress will provide balance support, distributes the weight evenly and eliminates motion disturbance. At a very affordable price, this is a great grab.
- Offered at a fairly reasonable price
- Keeps you at neutral temperature, even when you’re a hot sleeper
- It’s not as soft as expected, but it feels supportive
- Has chemical smell that’ll last for a week or so — keep the windows and doors open
- FULL MATTRESS TOPPER: Instantly convert your traditional mattress into a plush, pillow top mattress with this full memory foam and fiber-fill hybrid mattress topper ideal for side, back or stomach sleepers.
- PILLOW TOP: The beautifully tailored cover contains plush fiberfill for an extra layer of cushiony comfort and can easily be removed to wash and dry. 2 inches of pressure-relieving support of memory foam plus cushiony fiber in a pillow top design
Even though lying on your stomach is pretty much risky, you don’t have to suffer the risk with Sleep Innovations Instant Pillow Top Mattress Topper. Plus, you don’t need to worry about the high price tag since this product offers a luxurious feel without breaking the bank. With the dual-layer top design, you can easily convert your mattress into a great one.
This isn’t a mattress — but a very good topper for your mattress. It comes with 2-inch pressure-relieving memory foam and fiber-fill mattress topper perfect for side, back and stomach sleepers. It’s proven to provide relief to painful pressure points and change your sleeping habits without frequent toss and turns.
- Improves your ordinary mattress to the next level of comfort
- Not too firm and gives the softness that you need
- Cushiony and don’t make you feel like sinking
- There’s an initial smell, but not that annoying
- Still sleeps hot and warm even with this mattress topper
- 7.5 inch heat treated Coil maintains mattress firmness constantly
- 1 inch Eco friendly Gel cool I Gel help you sleep in proper temperature.
Another great multi-layered Olee mattress that delivers what it promised is the Olee Sleep 13SM01F Mattress. But, instead of the four layers of the 9-inch Olee Sleep Mattress, this one has five layers. Still includes the memory foam, DuraFoam, Convoluted high-density foam, and high-density foam. It adds the Duracoil with pocketed springs that are reliable in reducing motion transfer.
This one is a 13-inch mattress — additional depth with the additional support for more stability and durability. The overall design doesn’t only give comfort and support but also promises a durable mattress that may last for several years.
- No noticeable odor when you open your package
- Very firm, but not firm and stiff
- Mattress is super comfortable and provides support even for bigger occupants
- Some users find it hard and not giving
- This is warm, so not good for daily use
- #1 FASTEST GROWING BRAND IN THE U.S. - Recognized as the fastest growing e-commerce retailer by Internet Retailer, Nectar is a memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress designed for every kind of sleeper. Nectar is part of the Resident House of Brands.
- DIMENSIONS: 39" W x 80" L x 11" H
Provides optimal firmness, breathability, and comfort, Nectar TwinXL Mattress is a great mattress for any type of sleeper. It molds your body and relieves you from pressure pains and aches, so you can sleep comfortably without a problem. Since it’s cool and designed to regulate heat, it’s a great mattress even in hot weather in summer.
Made of five layers, including the Tencel cooling cover that wicks heat, giving you coolness you need for a great night’s sleep. The memory foam contours the body evenly distributes weight and supports your body, at the same time provide bounce and rebound. The breathable base layer reinforces the body contouring of the upper layers, provides support and stability of your mattress.
- Mattress that guarantees a good night’s sleep without breaking the bank
- Built nicely and with quality
- Depending on the preferences and comfort, some users find this pretty firm mattress
- Not recommended for thinner and sleepers with a small profile
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST MATTRESSES FOR STOMACH SLEEPERS
It’s very tricky to find the best mattress for stomach sleepers since they have special needs. Therefore, it’s very important that you give them the best tips and the best recommendations for them to find comfort in their sleeping without any health risks. Here are among the things that you should look into when looking for a mattress particularly for stomach sleepers:
A firmer and denser foam is perfect to aid stomach sleepers. However, don’t jump out of your bed and buy a firm mattress. Make sure to read reviews, heed to recommendations, at the same time, try it. If the product offers a free in-home trial, go for it. Sometimes, it’ll take time to get used to the level of firmness in your mattress.
Body Type and Weight
Just because you know that a firmer mattress is great for stomach sleepers doesn’t mean that you should go for a firmer one. Consider your body type and weight. You want a mattress that is firm enough to give you support, at the same time, soft enough to reduce pressure on the rib cage and chest. Consider your body mass index as well, overall.
There are different types of mattress, as well as the materials used. Generally, memory foam is perfect for stomach sleepers to relieve pain and stress. You’ll also have latex, though expensive. Then, you can also choose hybrid and innerspring. However, nothing is more comfortable than putting a pillow beneath your stomach when sleeping on your stomach.
To aid your stomach sleeping habits, it’s better to sleep on a mattress with an adjustable frame and support. This will help you find a new and more comfortable sleeping position without the need to lay on your stomach. But, still, you need to find the perfect mattress that’ll help you do away with stomach sleeping. Otherwise, you’ll just adjust the bed to a flat position and start sleeping on your stomach, again.
We’ve already covered much about mattresses and how to choose them. But, little have we discussed about stomach sleeping position. This YouTube video will give you helpful ideas to sleep with your stomach with comfort without suffering back pain or stressing other parts of your body.
OUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST MATTRESSES FOR STOMACH SLEEPERS
While these 10 products are known to have supported stomach sleepers, we will try to help you find the ultimate product that offers you more comfort and support, especially to keep you healthier without suffering from any risks.
We have two faves, AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress and Amerisleep AS2 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress. The latter is a bit expensive, yet primarily designed for side and stomach sleepers. Both provide comfort and great support, breathability and relieves pressure point aches.
However, if you’re a budget-buyer, the AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress is a wise choice. It’s a multi-layer mattress, made to last and designed to keep your body comfortable as you lay yourself to sleep.