Are you searching for the best mattresses for kids?
Parents look for a new mattress for their kid’s bed for reasons. For one, your toddler might have outgrown his bed. Or perhaps, your family has just moved to a new home.
On the other hand, you might be looking to replace an old mattress, which is suffering from wear and tear and giving your kid an uncomfortable sleep.
No matter your reason for shopping around for a new kid’s mattress, you should consider certain factors to ensure you’re getting the right one.
In today’s review, we’re highlighting certain factors to look into when choosing a mattress for kids. If you’re ready, let’s begin.
Here are our top picks for best mattresses for kids in 2019
- PROVEN: We're not shy to say, people love us; This mattress has 1 of the highest percentages of 5 star reviews across mattresses on Amazon; We like to keep things honest and transparent, that goes for our business model, our products, and our reviews
- PROPRIETARY ADAPTIVE FOAM: Constructed with freshly poured T and N Adaptive foam, this mattress provides a bouncy yet supportive feel perfect for all sleeping positions and also allows us to box the mattress for quick shipping without compromising quality
One of the things to look for when shopping around for the best mattresses for kids is its comfort and support. These are two of the things that I liked about the Tuft & Needle Twin Mattress.
I noticed that it is made with adaptive foam, which can offer both supportive and bouncy feel, no matter the sleeping position of your child.
This foam can allow users to compress fit it into a small box for shipping, too. It is convenient especially if you need to move out.
Another thing I liked about the Tuft & Needle Twin Mattress is its high quality foam material, which is the innovative T&N Adaptive foam that lets your kid sleep comfortably. I would also like to recommend it for that not too hard or too soft feel.
- Full refund guarantee, 100-Night Sleep Trial
- Isolated motion won’t disturb sleeping partner
- High quality adaptive foam for not too soft or too hard feel
- Odor can be annoying
- Sink in feeling
- A layer of high density foam at the top and bottom of the mattress gives you a comfortable embracing feel to minimize the feeling of the coils
- 7" 15 gauge independently encased coils provide an equal weight distribution by contouring the curves of your body, relieving pressure points
One of the things I liked is that the Signature Sleep is double-sided mattress, meaning reversible. It allows us to flip and rotate it whenever we like it. This feature also adds to the durability of this product for years to come.
It does not only have the ability to even out the wear but also has 7-inch of encased coils along with high-density foam for superb comfort.
In addition, I appreciate it is made with a CertiPUR certified foam, not only ensuring quality but also safety. It is made without any ozone depleters, flame-retardants, PBDEs, heavy metals, lead, formaldehyde and mercury.
More for safety, the Signature Sleep mattress is guaranteed to be low in volatile compound emissions that help in keeping indoor air quality.
- Features a 7in layer independently encased coils
- Allows rotating and flipping to even out wear
- Offers premium comfort for its high density foam and encased coils
- Thickness might be insufficient for heavy sleepers
- With less breathability than others on the market
- Independently superbly pocketed 15-gauge pocket coils - Two Sided
- Quality foam and polyester layering between cover and coils for optimal comfort
The Home Life Comfort mattress is one of the best options if you’re looking for a kid’s mattress, which is on both the firm and soft side. I really do believe it is worth to consider if you also want something to last.
One of the things I also like about the Home Life Comfort mattress is that it is Greenfoam certified that only ensures peace of mind you’re getting a high quality product.
The 8-Inch Two Sided Spring Mattress is a good replacement for your kid’s mattress. I’d like to recommend the kid’s mattress because it is also affordable and high quality.
The two-sided mattress made with 15-gauge pocket coils is also one of those that can offer superb comfort.
- Greenfoam certified
- 15-gauge pocket coils
- More comfort than other mattresses in the same category
- Might not be thick enough for some users
- Not for bigger kids
- Perfect Top layer support your bodyweight, maintains your body Shape to Rest in the best condition
- 1 inch 8 ILD soft memory foam supports body with soft power
The Olee Sleep 10 Inch memory foam mattress is made of 93% polyester and 7% spandex for enhanced durability. It is also made free of any heavy metals, so it is safe for the health.
Another thing I would like to note about this memory foam mattress is that it is made with a three-layer construction that offers both pressure relief and support. It might be for you if you’re looking for a sleep solution for your kids.
I also appreciate that most types of sleepers can use it. The memory foam mattress is not only for kids but also for teenagers and adults. It is also a versatile product that you can use with or without a box spring.
Overall, it is a great pick for parents looking for a comfortable and supportive memory foam mattress for their children.
- Not only for kids but also for plus-sized adults
- Easy cleaning and maintenance for its removable cover
- Not for those looking for a double-sided mattress
- Might emit foul odor in the first few days
- 8 Inch hybrid mattress combines memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low profile option
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
The LinenSpa 8-Inch Hybrid Mattress is another product not to miss on this list especially if you want a mattress that can last for the years to come. I liked that this mattress can accommodate users even more than 250 lbs.
I believe you will love it if you also have a kid that would like to become a linebacker because he’s not going to outgrow the memory foam mattress.
Plus, you don’t have to add a bed sheet on it because it is quilted in the soft cover.
- Ideal for guest beds or kid’s rooms
- Backed up by a 10-year US warranty
- Can help in minimizing pressure points for its 1.5 inch memory foam layer
- Not for parents looking for a more affordable option
- Thickness might not be enough for some users
- Conforming Green Tea Memory Foam comfort and pressure relieving support for a better night’s sleep, foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High density Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High density Base Support Foam. Sizes are subject to +/ 0.5 Inch
The Zinus Memory Foam is one of the best mattresses for kids because it is made with a body supporting and conforming foam to offer pressure relief and comfort.
It can definitely improve your sleep and solve most problems associated with it including tossing, turning and back pain. The Zinus memory foam can conform to body shape, offering it with ample support for a relaxing sleep.
I also noticed that the green tea mattress is made of three inches foam along with 2 inches comfort foam and a 3-5-inch base support foam, all making up a high quality and durable mattress.
This product is also infused with green tea extract, which works by maintaining its freshness. It can also eliminate bad odor and bacteria.
- Features a body conforming memory foam
- Antioxidant natural green tea extract to keep its freshness and good smell
- CertiPUR certified for performance, durability and content
- Odor can be annoying in the first few days
- Not for people on a tight budget
- Firm support with Fiber Quilted Cover, Green Tea Foam, and heavy duty Coil Springs. Twin: 39 X 75 X 8 inches
- Infused with Green Tea extract and Castor Natural Seed Oil to naturally retard odor & bacteria
Before we end today’s review, let’s not forget to include the Zinus 8 Inch Green Tea Spring Mattress Twin in the selection because it is also a durable and top quality mattress for kids that deserve a second look.
One of the things I would like to recommend it for includes the firm support it can provide, so it can relieve pain and reduce pressure points. With it, you don’t have to worry about your child suffering from back pain, too.
Zinus is also a trusted brand that makes safe products like this Twin memory foam mattress. They infused it with green tea extract that makes it perfect in terms of odor removal. It can keep the mattress fresh and free from bacteria.
- Infused with green tea extract to keep its freshness
- CertiPUR-US certified foam for performance, durability and content
- With an amazingly looking and feeling fiber quilted cover
- Not for parents looking for a larger sized mattress
- Not the ideal choice for users over 200 lbs
How To Choose The Best Mattresses For Kids
We know that kids grow fast. When the time comes that we have to replace their old beds, we should find something that won’t just look good for their room but also will last long and handle wear and tear well.
But as there are many of them online, finding the right one for our kid can be a hard challenge to overcome.
Growth is a major factor
According to Tuck.com, many parents find more affordable beds to be better choices because kids grow fast especially in their teenage years.
The same source reveals that pressure relief and support also matters when choosing a memory foam mattress for kids aside from considering growth.
In addition, parents should look into breathability, material or construction and bed thickness. Also, it matters to determine the kid’s sleeping position.
Thesleepjudge.com says that comfort also matters. It has to do with the overall firmness and feel of the mattress. But that’s not all. The mattress for kids should also be supportive.
It should have the feature of aligning properly to the spine of the users. In all cases, parents should think about the child sleeping with the proper support he or she needs for health and growth.
Consider these things when shopping around for a memory foam mattress for kids so that you can get more of your investment.
Need more help to choose the right mattress? Check out this cool video.
OUR TOP CHOICE FOR THE BEST MATTRESSES FOR KIDS
There is no doubt that the Tuft & Needle Twin Mattress is our choice for the best mattresses for kids. This mattress offers both pressure/pain relief and is certified health safe by both Oeko-Tex 100 and Certi-PUR. It is body conforming and supportive to offer a comfortable night of sleep. Overall, the mattress with the adaptive foam is my top pick for its superb features and quality.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick