Waking up sweating in the middle of the night is really not good in your sleeping habit. There are a lot of things you can do, like lessen your clothes, have a comfortable blanket, get a cooling mattress, use a cool topper and more.
But, perhaps, it’s the problem of your mattress that keeps you feel hot and sweaty.
We searched far and wide for mattresses that are good for hot sleepers. From hundreds of mattresses we tried, we came up with 10 best mattresses for hot sleepers.
We add a quick brief, pros and cons to give you any idea to compare it easily with other products.
Finally, at the end of this review, we pick one mattress that we think is the best, for you, hot sleepers out there.
10 Best Mattresses for Hot Sleepers in 2020
- Dual layer construction allows for extra comfort and support where your body needs it most.
- A quilted foam top, coupled with a high-density foundation, creates an optimized sleep surface at an introductory price.
If you are a hot sleeper looking for a mattress, then, this twin mattress will surely give you enough comfort for a good night’s sleep. Dreamfoam Bedding Slumber Essentials Twin Mattresse is a zoned foam construction that is perfect for bunk beds, trundle or just a bed. It’s made with the highest quality products, so you are assured of extra support and firm level of comfort to keep you from tossing and turning. It’s Certi-PUR US certified so it meets certain standards. A product in the US and has a 10-year warranty.
- Made of good materials to ensure quality
- Excellent comfort and support
- Some user complained about the mattress not expanding to full height
- One mattress is thinner than the other
- Has virtually no support, not good for heavy body types
- Independently superbly pocketed 15-gauge pocket coils
- Quality foam and polyester layering between cover and coils for optimal comfort
Maybe you’re enduring back pain from your old mattress. Replace it with the affordable, yet reliable Home Life Euro Top Harmony Mattress. It’s an 8-inch mattress that is designed to keep your body alignment supported. A coil and foam combo that provides support and comfort, the Euro Top gives more plushness as you sleep.
At a firm comfort level, this mattress comes with two layers. It has the 480 tempered steel, individually encased coils at the base that helps even distribution of weight to relieve pain in the neck, shoulders, back, and hips. At the top, you’ll get quality foam and polyester for optimal comfort.
- Very comfortable, given its low price point
- Virtually had no odor upon unpacking
- Lulls you to sleep and wake up pain-free even without adding a topper
- Thinner than expected
- Edges never came fully up even after a few days since it first inflated
- Mattress won’t go up to 8 inches, just a bit shorter
- Queen Size: (1) Foam Elevator 80" x 60" x 5"
- Gentle 5" to 1" decline keeps your upper body higher than your lower body
The elevated design of the Beautyrest Polyurethane Foam Mattress could be a solution to hot sleeper problems. At 5 inches at the head down to 1 inch at the feet, the upper body is elevated to help the body find a more restful position. Again, this bed configuration relieves common sleeping ailments.
This orthopedic foam pad is highly resilient enough to withstand your weight and keeps its position even for longer use. It’s hypoallergenic and durable. Uses the Ring-of-Air technology that supports better airflow for a cooler and more comfortable sleep.
- This is very comfortable whether an elevator, a topper or a mattress
- Gradual decline from head to toe
- Holds the body shape well for added comfort
- Not that dense and may sag after some time of use
- Acid reflux patients are required to have 6-inch elevation, this one has only 5-inch
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING MEMORY FOAM: Self-contouring, provides superior, customized body support and luxurious comfort.
- COOLER SLEEP SURFACE: Gel infusion technology provides consistent temperature control and improved air flow.
SLEEPINC. 8-Inch Memory Foam Mattress offers cooling comfort, pressure relief, and motion isolation. It’s designed for side and back sleepers, but this can be good for hot sleepers, too. The gel-infused memory foam provides consistent temperature control, so you can feel cool and relaxed as you sleep.
The contouring surface allows more personalized body support. Made with CertiPUR-US certified polyurethane foam that has a fully supportive design that relieves pressure points and reduces motion transfer. You can move out of the bed, while your partner lay sound asleep uninterrupted.
- Mattress built for dreaming
- Incredible comfort and support at an affordable price
- No odor or any foam fume out of the box
- People with back pain still wake up with back pain on this mattress
- Users complain about dimension inconsistencies
- Perfect balance of support & comfort- sweet night Twin mattress constructed with individually wrapped innerspring and memory foam. Individual pocket Spring offers all-over and average support. The high density foam layer make you feel comfort, The gel memory Foam layer for slowly adjusts to body weight & temperature, it provides a buffer so you never feel the coils for optimal comfort, giving you better quality sleep on this Twin size mattress.
- Motion isolation minimizing partner disturbance- individually wrapped coils Encased in separate pockets, It moves independently to prevent motion transfer between partners also provide an equal weight distribution by contouring to the curves of your body, relieving pressure points for an undisturbed better night of rest. This pillow Top mattress Resists sagging, roll-off, and with medium-firm feel.
Can a hybrid mattress alleviate hot sleeper’s problem? Not all, but Twin Mattress- Sweetnight Twin Size Gel Memory Foam is sure can. It’s made with a combination of the individually wrapped innerspring coils and memory foam to give you a perfect balance between support and comfort. The gel-infused memory foam adjusts to the body’s temperate and weight, while the high-density foam gives you comfort.
The base, as you all know, the individually pocketed steel coils provide motion isolation, even weight distribution by contouring your body shape and support. Its luxury quilted knit cover is made of natural material for allergy prevention. This mattress is designed to make you sleep better, for you to wake up fresh.
- Airs up quickly in an hour, ahead of the 72-hour recommendation
- No chemical smell or foam smell upon opening
- Mattress is comfortable and very supportive
- Some users don’t want the firmness of the mattress
- Doesn’t continue to be a long-lasting mattress
- Four layers of foam give this mattress a supportive feel ,firm but comfortable.UPS Free Expedited Shipping,we have warehouse in Ontario,CA and Memphis TN and guarantee you get it the order at 2-4 days.
- 8 Inch hybrid mattress combines memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low-profile option
A medium-firm mattress, Twin Mattress, Responsive Memory Foam Mattress could be a great mattress for any hot sleepers out there. Made of four layers of foam, latex, and the traditional innerspring, this mattress gives you that comfort, perfect firmness, and supportive feel you need to eliminate some sleeping issues. Got cool and breathable cover of dual-layered soft knitted fabric which helps release moisture and regulates your sleeping temperature.
What made this mattress interesting is that, the individual pocketed springs are sealed and compressed in a fabric – works independently to provide over-all support for the seven parts of our body — head, neck, shoulder, breast, waist, hip and leg. This means, for whatever position and whatever side you sleep on, this mattress will provide you greater comfort. Lastly, it has enhanced edge support for better movement isolation, less noise, and increased longevity.
- Breathable to give you comfort during sleep
- Has localized support for the seven parts of your body
- Ultra-mute, no squeaking will be heard from the spring coils
- Some find this mattress to be stiffer
- Difficult to inflate, take time
- High-quality foam layers that support you in all the right places for a better night’s sleep
- Infused with green tea, charcoal, and natural plant oil to help keep your mattress fresh
Sleep Revolution Cloud Memory Foam is made of high-quality foam and covered with durable and comfy fabrics to support you in your sleep. You got 1-inch Quick response foam, 1-inch of memory foam, 1.5-inch high-density foam and 3.5-inch HD base support foam. The layering of the foam helps contour your body on the mattress and gives you customized support for various sleeping positions.
Micro-fiber quilted fabric plus knitted jacquard fabric on top keep the dirt away so the mattress stays fresh and clean. Infused with Green Tea, Charcoal and Natural Oil, keep you fresh and feel invigorated as you awake. It’s CertiPUR-US Certified, so you know it’s made with quality materials and meet certain standards.
- Expanded as expected and it’s surprisingly comfy
- Comfortability and affordability rolled into one product
- No odor or any foam smell upon opening
- Inflates to five inches instead of eight, though still comfortable
- Not long-lasting, broke down after several months of use
- QUEEN MATTRESS: Drift into a sounder, deeper sleep on this memory foam 12-inch mattress ideal for any sleeping position and average to bigger body types.
- COMFORT & SUPPORT: Get the best night's sleep every night, on the Shiloh mattress, with proven pressure point relief and personalized alignment.
If you are looking for a mattress that gives you overall comfort and support, the Sleep Innovations Shiloh could be the answer to your prayers. It’s a 12-inch mattress that is great for side sleepers, stomach sleepers, for those with other sleeping issues, and of course, for hot sleepers. Provides customized support to give you deep and restorative sleep you haven’t had in years.
It’s a two-layer mattress of 2.5-inch SureTemp memory foam and 9.5-inch premium support foam bottom to support you as you sleep. Wrapped with a quilted cover, it adds softness and comfort, at the same time, protects and keeps the mattress clean. Also, Shiloh mattresses are designed to relieve pressure pains and support natural spinal alignment.
- Very easy to set up
- No funny odor or foam smell upon unboxing
- Firm, but gives comfort for combination sleepers
- Edges won’t lay down to level with the rest of the mattress
- It does make you feel warm and sweaty
- ‘Sinking in’ may happen when two people sleep on the bed
- Firm, customized support from Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam and iCoil Pocketed Springs
- iCoil system is comprised of hundreds of independent iCoils to virtually eliminate any motion transfer
To alleviate your problem of tossing and turning around the mattress, you can try Zinus Ultima Comfort 8-inch Spring Mattress. It’s made with both foam and iCoil pocketed spring system that provides minimal motion transfer and comfort. The fiber quilted cover keeps you cool throughout your sleep.
This mattress provides exceptional support, even when two people will occupy on it. Made with the highest quality material, so, it’s durable and can last for years.
- Mattress is extremely comfortable for its price
- Gives good value to your money
- A few talks about waking up with bad muscle pain
- The firmness of the mattress is also something other users don’t like
- MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS TOPPER—Designed with the same pressure-relieving TEMPUR material found in our mattresses, this 3 inch memory foam mattress topper conforms to your body to deliver more restful sleep.
- ADAPTS TO YOUR BODY—TEMPUR material responds to your body’s temperature, weight, and shape for precise, personalized comfort and support.
Why buy a mattress when you can buy a topper, just as comfortable as a mattress, but with a lesser price? Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-ProForm Mattress Topper is designed to deliver the comfort of the mattress on its thinner profile. This topper will respond to your body’s temperature and weight conforms to your body and gives you customized support while you sleep.
It’s covered with washable, allergen-resistant fabric, so, it remains dirt- and dust-free. It’s breathable to add comfort and coolness on your sleep, to help you achieve deeper and uninterrupted sleep.
- Relieves back pain
- Though just a topper, it’s as comfortable as the mattress
- Improves the quality of sleep, immensely
- Some patients find the topper too soft, especially for those who prefer a firmer mattress
- Quite expensive, unless it goes on sale
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST MATTRESS FOR HOT SLEEPERS
During summer or hot days, sometimes turning up the AC won’t suffice and still, you wake up in the middle of the night sweating. So, it’s important to have a comfortable mattress. Not just comfortable, but cool and supportive.
It’s not because you are a hot sleeper that you keep tossing and turning on the bed. Sometimes, it’s because you don’t have a comfortable mattress. If you have a very soft and fluffy mattress, the tendency is, you ‘sink in’ preventing the flow of air around your body. Gel-infused memory foam can make you cooler or you can get a cool mattress topper.
Some people may not agree to this, but, yes. You need a firmer matter to keep you from sinking and to maintain maximum airflow to your body. You can check a mattress featuring both latex foam and innerspring, says, Our Sleep Guide.
Or look for a gel-infused memory foam if you think that this kind of mattress can give you great support and will make you feel cool all night. But, do note as well, that memory foam may retain heat, instead of emitting it.
Though you have a cooling mattress if your bed is small and you’re sleeping with your partner, you’ll still feel the heat. If you and your partner are both hot sleepers, it’s important to get a bigger bed. This will not only cool you down in the night, you’ll also get enough space to move — for a more comfortable and restorative sleep.
There are mattresses with covers infused with cooling substances. Among the most common are Celliant® Fibers, Lyocell, and Lycra® Spandex. Organic mattress also has Green Tea extract or Bamboo charcoal infusion that keeps you fresh, hence, less unease.
This YouTube video is also a good reference when finding tips to pick the best mattress for hot sleeper. It discusses three of the most common factors that makes you a hot sleeper — environment, weight, and firmness of the mattress.
OUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST MATTRESS FOR HOT SLEEPERS
Mattress plays a great role in achieving a good night’s sleep. Whether the temperature is high or you’re too hot to go to bed, there’s a mattress that’s best for you. And, for us, our best is the Dreamfoam Bedding Slumber Essentials Twin Mattress.
It offers great comfort with latex and innerspring rolled into a mattress, you can get optimal support and comfort. Additionally, it’s got a breathable cover that adds to the cooling capacity of this mattress.
Yet, there’s also one product here that might alleviate your sleeping problems if you are a hot sleeper — the Beautyrest Polyurethane Foam Mattress. It’s an inclined orthopedic foam, primarily used as a foam elevator, but doubles as a mattress. It’s also breathable and relieves people from their sleeping problems. If you think this bed configuration is just what you need, you can also try it. Else, stick to our recommendation.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick