What are the best mattresses for back pain?
Having the wrong mattress can make you wake up with back pain and body aches. And if you often suffer from this condition, you’ll also find that sleeping posture can be an issue.
That’s not all though because the lack of support can also strain muscles and lead to spine misalignment. It is also the reason you have to find the right mattress to eliminate and prevent back pain.
Sleeping on the right mattress, you can also achieve sleep comfort especially if you have chosen one that can conform to body shape and breathability.
To find what’s for you, we’ve prepared this shopping guide and reviews to help you compare your options well and buy the right one for your preferences and needs.
Here are our top picks for the best mattresses for back pain in 2020
- 4-layers of premium foam construction for support, breathability, and bounce
- Breathable open-cell foams have tiny pores to let hot air escape, keeping you cool at night
The king size memory foam mattress is an ideal choice for those who don’t want to spend a fortune for a high quality mattress. It is a top rated and well-reviewed product for its solid performance and pain relieving benefits.
One thing I noticed is that it has a four-layer of foam construction, which can provide breathability, support and bounce.
With the balance of all these cool features, there is no doubt you will get a great sleep night after night.
I’d also like to note that it is made with hypoallergenic and open-cell latex for keeping you feeling cool.
- Nice airflow for its open cell structure technology
- Designed with a 4-layer foam for bounce, breathability and support
- Might give that sinking in feeling
- Not enough breathability
- Our mattress: Great things come in small packages. The Leesa mattress in a box is beautifully designed with three premium foam layers for cooling, body contouring and pressure-relieving core support. With the all-new Top layer of high Quality foam, you’ll experience enhanced pressure relief and better rest. The Leesa mattress offers a universal adaptive feel, which adapts to your body type while you sleep, regardless of your sleeping style.
- Cooling comfort: Our exclusive high quality foam’s microcell structure promotes airflow while still providing the perfect amount of hug and bounce. So, you sleep cooler and get the comfort and support you need.
The Leesa memory foam mattress is one of my highest recommended ones because it is ideal for back pain and pressure relief. It is able to conform to body shape and aligns the spine well for a restful sleep.
The memory foam mattress in gray and white is also a lovely and elegant mattress that will suit any bedroom decoration. I also noticed that it has three layers of premium foam, offering efficient cooling for a refreshing sleep.
In addition, I’d like to note that the Leesa M-Q-01 has a microcell structure, enabling it to support good airflow while also offering a balance between bounce and hug.
Overall, you’ll get the support and comfort for back pain relief when you choose the Leesa M-Q-01.
- Can offer back pain relief and motion isolation
- Offers a balance of support and comfort for a refreshing night of sleep
- Thickness might not be enough for some users
- Smell upon unboxing takes time to disappear
- The rayon made from bamboo fabric absorbs moisture, dries quickly, and helps the body breathe
- Foam pillow top which includes 1" of 3-Zone foam to provide a soft upper and lower body comfort with a firmer center to support lower-back and hips
If you’re looking for softness, bounce and support, you might want to take a second look at the Signature Sleep Queen Mattress. This 13-imch hybrid and soft mattress is made with rayon that dries and absorbs moisture quickly.
So even if you’re located in a hot climate area, you don’t have to worry about waking up wet at night when you selected the Signature Sleep Queen Mattress.
Your body will also breathe easier with the Signature Sleep memory foam mattress. I also liked its body conforming construction that aligns the spine and prevents body aches and pains.
This product doesn’t also contain harmful chemicals including TCEP, TCEP or PEDES flame retardants, mercury, heavy metals, lead and ozone depleters.
Overall, it is a health-safe memory foam mattress for back pain sufferers and people looking for a balance of support and comfort.
- Conforms to body curves for pressure point relief
- Designed with rayon material for quick drying and moisture absorption
- Thickness insufficient for some users
- Smell takes time to disappear
- Solve your sleep problems -upgrade your current foam mattress. Sweet night Queen mattress designed with 3 layers of zone system, This Queen size mattress gives you medium firm feeling, keeping body properly aligned, pressure relief & heat dissipation. Best choice for all sleeping positions who want to indulge in a supportive yet Cushy sleep environment. Helps those suffer from back pain, tossing & turning, partner’s movement.
- Sleep cooler- this Queen mattress is made from gel Memory Foam which provides cradling support helping to dissipate body heat, Designed to pull heat from your body, Our breathable foam has millions of open cells acting as airway chambers. They allow maximum airflow so the foam breathes for unbeatable temperature regulation.
One of the things I liked about this mattress is its no risk warranty. It is backed by a generous 10 years of warranty. It only means you can have peace of mind that you can get help. They also have an excellent customer support.
The mattress also works so well when it comes to adjusting to your body temperature and weight. It is also able to provide a balance between support and comfort.
In addition, it has a 5.5 inches high-density foam offering proper alignment and support while also preventing rolling off or sagging.
With the Sweetnight 12 Memory Foam Mattress in a Box, I think we can solve our sleeping problems, such as partner movement and tossing and turning along with back pain.
- No risk 10-year warranty
- Offers both enhanced support and cushioning comfort
- Pretty expensive
- Breathability can be improved
- 39 W x 75 L x 8 H inches
- Perfect solution for Back To School, great for kids' rooms, bunk beds, and dorms
If you’re looking for a beautiful and durable mattress for your bed, you might want to check out the twin model. One of the things you will appreciate about it is its beautiful detailed covered that improves conforming properties.
It has an ideal size that can also fit most bunk beds, kid’s rooms and dormitories.
More so, the Classic Brands mattress is good for proper spinal alignment and pressure point relief. Thanks to its high-density foam that can improve temperature regulation and breathability.
It is also designed with gel foam that draws the heat away from the body to keep it cool and feeling comfortable all night. Using the twin mattress, you’ll always have that refreshing night sleep.
- Superior temperature control and breathability
- High-density foam offers pressure point relief and spinal alignment
- Might not be for hot sleepers
- Doesn’t include base, foundation or frame
- ALWAYS FRESH: Copper’s naturally occurring ions are proven to be antimicrobial, inhibiting the growth of virtually all odor-causing bacteria, for a topper that stays clean and a fresher bed. The gel memory foam is infused with copper for clean comfort throughout the entire sleep surface.
- ENHANCED COMFORT: Upgrade your mattress with a top layer of high-density gel memory foam infused with copper. Gel memory foam gently hugs the body with cradling comfort and is perfect for any sleeping position.
One of the best mattresses for back pain for healthful and quality sleep is the CopperFresh Gel Memory Foam Mattress with innovative memory foam mattress features.
The Sleep Studio memory foam mattress is also a high technology product that has natural antimicrobial properties for having copper ions. It is the healthier choice not only for you but also for the environment.
The product will not just help you achieve good night sleep but also good health because is able to eliminate odor-causing bacteria.
I also liked that it has the no risk 10-year limited warranty that can give you peace of mind help is available if something goes wrong with your mattress.
- CertiPUR-US Certified memory foam ensuring quality and performance
- Stays fresh for its copper ions that eliminate odor-causing bacteria
- Not the best looking mattress around
- A bit pricey
- 6.5-inch, high-quality steel coils are individually-wrapped to increase airflow, isolate motion, and conform to individual sleep styles
- Plush memory foam layer is topped with natural latex for the perfect combination of sink and spring
Now, you can sleep cooler and better without body pains and aches the following morning with the ample support and comfort this mattress can offer.
I also liked that it has good motion isolation properties, something really nice if you sleep with a partner. You’ll also appreciate its circular knit fabric cover that adds to its elegance and classic look.
In addition, this product has a natural latex layer on its top for spring and sink. You can also solve many sleeping issues, including back pain, tossing, turning and motion isolation.
It is also for you if you’re not yet ready to buy a 100% memory foam mattress, which provides a medium firm for enough comfort and support.
- Offers greater pressure relief
- Perfect combination of plush memory foam and supportive coils
- Can retain heat
- Support and comfort depends on body weight
How To Choose The Best Mattresses For Back Pain
Back pain is a nagging condition that affects thousands of people. If you’re looking for a new mattress for it, you should be looking for one to offer both support and comfort.
Personal preference matters
With the right mattress, you help lessen lower back pain and muscle straining. Your personal preference should matter. The mattress must be supportive to help you sleep without stiffness and pain.
Look for a mattress that comes with back support and can help with proper alignment of the spine and body curves, according spine-health.com.
In all cases, seek balance between comfort and support. Remember, adequate support is as important as comfort.
Go for a medium firm mattress
Myessentia.com advises avoiding a firm mattress. Instead, you should opt for a medium-firm one to improve sleeping. Otherwise, you will suffer from back pain and aches even more.
Certain studies also had it that those who slept on a medium firm mattress had reduced back pain incidents; thus, they’re able to sleep better and reduced pain related to disability.
Overall, medium firm mattresses are what you should compare and choose from if you want balance between comfort and support for lower back pain.
There you have our short guide on how to pick the right mattress for back pain sufferers. So again, avoid a firm mattress if you want don’t want to worsen your condition.
Here is more help: Choosing a Mattress for Back Pain – VIDEO
OUR TOP CHOICE FOR THE BEST MATTRESS FOR BACK PAIN
Today’s winner among the best mattress for back pain is the Casper king size memory foam mattress.
It offers supreme relief for pressure point and back pain and gives us peace of mind for its 100-night free trial. It is also made of high quality and durable 4-layer foam construction for support, comfort and bounce.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick