Finding the best crib mattresses for baby is an important decision because your little one’s safety, health and quality sleep matters. Even if there are many options on the market, not all of them are ideal for your baby’s needs.
For this reason, we have picked the top crib mattresses, each with its pros and cons and important features to help you compare and weigh your options.
Also today, let’s touch on some of the factors to look into when shopping around for this product. After this write-up, we do hope you can choose the right crib mattress for your baby and toddler.
7 Best Crib Mattresses in 2020
- Dual Sided Sleep Function: The Tiny Robin Dual Surface Mattress is a two stage sleep system covered with two densities of foam firmness. Use the extra firm foam layer for infants, or soft plush side for your toddler.
- Comfort & Size: Tiny Robin was developed with its latest "Inner Woven Nest Core Technology". Made with high end foam to avoid sweating. All this will assure a peaceful night of sleep for baby and parents. Fits perfectly into all standard sized cribs & toddler beds. (Dimensions 27.5" x 52" x 5")
Moonlight Slumber Baby Crib Mattress is a consistent top rated brand in the baby crib mattresses category, and for reasons. It always strives hard to provide it consumers with nothing but the finest in crib mattresses that you can rely on.
One of their best offers is the dual-sided crib mattress that is a highly recommended product in the category. As it is dual sided, each side is functional, meaning more value for your money.
I also liked its innovation of the Inner Woven Nest Core Technology, which can help in preventing sweating for a peaceful sleep.
Finally, this Tiny Robin mattress is backed by a lifetime warranty against any manufacturer defects. It is also quality proven for its CERTIPUR US certification.
- Offers breathability for baby’s cooling comfort
- Dual sided, each with a density of foam firmness
- A bit pricey
- Tends to cave in over time
- DUAL COMFORT - The perfect baby mattress that features a firmer side for infants, and a softer side for toddlers.
- SUPPORTIVE/SAFE - A supportive foam layer will keep your baby sleeping safe and sound throughout the night! Cradling your newborn safely while the contouring memory foam layer will support proper posture in your toddler's neck and back.
The Amazon Exclusive NapYou has a safe and supportive foam layer, keeping your little one sleeping soundly.
It will also make your newborn as if cradled because this mattress has a foam layer that supports the correct posture for his back and neck.
In addition, this mattress also has a waterproof cover, making it easy to clean. That is not all, though. The cover is also breathable and removable.
The firm side is also ideal for infants and the soft side for toddlers. This dual sided comfort adds s to the functionality and value for your money. Overall, the crib mattress is one of the ideal pick for mothers who want nothing but the best for their little ones.
- Safe and supportive foam layer for baby’s sound sleep
- Protection for baby for its easy to clean and waterproof cover
- Firmness could be uncomfortable for some babies
- A few reports about caving in after some time
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified.
- Handcrafted using a GOTS certified organic cotton, 100% Natural Eco-wool quilted cover, and organic coconut pad. Proudly made in LaGrange, IL, USA
This My Green Matt Emily crib mattress is another ideal pick in the category for its comfort and support.
It is loaded with features that mothers and babies love. One of it is its two-sided function that promotes its longer life.
This product is also a GreenGuard certified product for its organic components like organic cotton and coconut pad. It is also designed with an eco-wool quilted cover that makes it more comfortable.
It is also free from polyurethane for baby’s protection and safety. Speaking of that, this mattress also has no lead as certified by UL laboratories.
It is also a heavy-duty crib mattress with 150 coil innersprings for adapting to body shape and curves.
- UL Laboratories certified lead free
- Designed with two sided foam for a longer lasting service
- Caving in is an issue for some parents
- Might not be as breathable as others
- DUAL SIDE SLEEP SYSTEM. The Little Dreamer Dual Surface Mattress is a two-stage sleep system for your infant or toddler. Use the extra firm, eco-friendly, plant based foam layer for your infant, or soft plush side for your toddler
- MEDICAL GRADE FABRIC. The medical grade fabric used is waterproof, durable stretch knit fabric with extra tight sewn seams. It is certified to be free of toxic flame-retardant chemicals and has low impact on indoor air due to low VOC
The Dual Sleep Surface Crib Mattress is one of the best-selling crib mattresses on the market for its superb features and performance.
For one, it can guarantee protection and safety because it is made with hypoallergenic and waterproof materials.
This product is also designed with the innovative dual side sleep system. It only means that it is compatible for infant and toddler use. For example, the firm one is for your infant and the soft one for your toddler.
The mattress is also made of a medical grade fabric that has sewn seams for added durability. It is also eco-friendly for the plant-based layer for your baby.
This product is also easy to clean and maintain as well as bug and dust mite resistant.
- Made with hypoallergenic and waterproof cover
- Designed with dual sides, each for baby and toddler
- Can be a bit firmer for some infants
- Dual Firmness with Temperature controlling cool gel memory foam toddler side and a firmer density foam on the infant side for lightweight, dual sided support. Measures 38x24x5"
- Buy with confidence: Made in the USA, The Baby Bluebird Hypoallergenic Mattress is protected by an antimicrobial cover, is Water, Stain, and Odor Resistant, boasts Dual Firmness; Extra Firm Infant Side and Softer side for Toddlers
This is another Moonlight Slumber top offer to mothers looking for a great value and dual firmness mattress.
The Baby Bluebird mattress also comes with a removable and soft cotton cover for added comfort. This cover is also antimicrobial to ensure baby’s safety.
It also has an extra firm side for infants and the other plush and soft side for toddlers.
Another thing I liked about the baby crib mattress is its lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. This product is also resistant against odors, stain and water for added safety.
Overall, it is a great choice for mothers looking for a quality, durable and safe crib mattress.
- Designed with a body conforming, breathable fabric cover
- Dual-sided comfort and support for baby and toddler
- Breathability not as good as other options
- Needs some airing in the first days to get rid of pungent odor
- HIGH-DENSITY SOYBEAN FOAM-CORE -- Lightweight yet ultra-durable soybean foam-core uses a percentage of natural and renewable soybeans, providing the right amount of firmness and comfort.
- PREMIUM FOAM -- The foam used throughout is CertiPur-US Certified foam made in the USA. It is made without phthalates, lead, mercury, formaldehyde, PBDES, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants that may be a concern in non-certified foams.
If you’re looking for a baby and infant crib mattress, you should not miss this Sealy product because it has great performance and durable features that make it a great addition to this list.
For one, it is made with high-density foam layer, which made use of soybeans in creating the firmness of the foam ideal for babies and toddlers.
Another thing I liked about the Sealy Soybean foam core is its lightweight construction that makes it more portable.
I also noticed that it is CertiPur-US Certified foam proving its content, performance and quality.
It also has a good ventilation and airflow to keep baby cool and comfortable all night. Finally, this product is crib-fit tested and passed the American Society for Testing and Materials Crib Mattress Standards.
- CertiPur-US Certified foam for top performance and quality
- Lightweight and made with hypoallergenic materials for baby’s safety
- Can be too firm for a baby
- Not a double sided foam
- 28" x 53" x 4" 25lbs
- Nook's all-organic and breathable sleep system equipped with a natural coconut husk and 100% talalay latex mattress core. The Pebble Pure Crib Mattress comes with an organic Pebble Wrap available in eleven beautiful colors. Crib sheets optional
If you want your baby to achieve a healthy and restful sleep night after night, check out another product not to miss when searching for a crib mattress.
The Pebble Air crib mattress is lightweight and made with heavy-duty materials. I also liked that it is comfortable and breathable for added baby’s comfort.
The foam is also CERTIPUR US certified, giving you peace of mind that the mattress is top quality and durable to last long.
The 7-lb crib mattress is also a combination of air channels in the core and foam for max airflow and improved cooling comfort of baby. It is also a crib-ready product made with an organic wrap.
- Quality-tested CertiPUR-US foam
- Improved water resistance for its nano technology fibers
- Caving in can be a problem for some users
- Might not be as durable as others
How To Choose The Best Crib Mattresses
Choosing the best crib mattress is tough decision to make because of factors like safety concerns, durability and quality, to name some. For some advice, check out the following tips.
Think about safety
TheSpruce.com suggests checking on the firmness of the foundation for your little one’s safety.
The same source reveals that the Consumer Product Safety Commission warns how soft sleeping surfaces increase SIDS’ risks and suffocation hazard.
For better results, you might want to buy a mattress designed for infant use, and that must be firm. If for use in a toddle bed, a softer one is better.
Testing the fit
ConsumerReports.org says that a full sized mattress for the crib should be at least 27 ¼” by 51 5/8” and at most six inches thick.
If buying in a brick-and-mortar store, you can check it by placing inside a crib. It can be too small if at least two fingers can fit between it and the crib.
Check if it is waterproof
TheBump.com says opting for a waterproof mattress is a great idea even if you’re planning to use a mattress pad or a sheet saver. Baby mattresses are prone for diaper blowouts.
So even if you are using both these smart ideas, you should still opt for a mattress that is waterproof or with an additional protection to prevent leaks seeping inside the mattress.
Here is a video “Buying a Crib Mattress: Tips for Choosing the Best Baby Mattress” for more help.
The winner in today’s review of the best crib mattresses is the Moonlight Slumber Baby Crib Mattress that has the comfort and support features for a sound and restful sleep.
It is also dual-sided for improved functionality and value for your money. Overall, it is the best in performance and quality that you should not miss when shopping around for a good crib mattress.
Latest Deals on Our Top Pick